Sad Love Quotes On Pain, Love and Friendship

Breakups are tough, and hopefully, these sad love quotes can help you to remember the happier times. Allow these sad quotes to inspire you to see a light at the end of the tunnel and push you past the heartache.

Sadness is a natural part of life that’s usually associated with certain experiences of loss or pain.

To help you through the hard times, here is our collection of uplifting, wise, and comforting sad quotes, sad sayings, and sad proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.


1. “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey

2. It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love. – Miguel de Unamuno

3. If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking. – Thomas Otway

4. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper

5. There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you. – Ashleigh Brilliant

6. When you think your first falling in love, just then you realize your falling out of love. – David Grayson

7. “Since I can’t be with you right now I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again.” – Susan Polis Schutz

8. “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp

9. I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life. – Plato 

10. “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially it lightens up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurt you. Finally it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the.. BURN!” ― Syed Arshad

11. “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?” ― Faraaz Kazi

12. “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a belljar; starved for love.” ― Ayushee Ghoshal

13. “People love each other for many reasons, not all of them good […]. They love each other because it’s easy. Or because they’re used to it. Or because they’ve given up. Or because they’re scared.” ― Nathan Hill

14. “He was acting like our kiss had broken him, and his reaction was breaking me.” ― Shannon A. Thompson

15. Love lies in those unsent drafts in your mailbox. Sometimes you wonder whether things would have been different if you’d clicked ‘Send’. – Faraaz Kazi

16. Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable. – Nicholas Sparks

17. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.” – Anais Nin

18. “It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” ― Samuel Butler

19. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Kahlil Gibran

20. “There is a time for departure, even when there’s no certain place to go.” ― Tennessee Williams

21. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” ― Henny Youngman

22. You meet everyone twice in this life, when they come and when they go.— C.C Aurel

23. Just let me keep the last piece of my heart before you tear it all apart.— Lykke Li

24. "Sadness flies away on the wings of time." – Jean de La Fontaine

25. "Never make a decision when you are upset, sad, jealous or in love." – Mario Teguh

26. "It’s sad to know I’m done. But looking back, I’ve got a lot of great memories." – Bonnie Blair

27. Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is! – Dita Von Teese

28. "I wish I could give you my pain just for one moment so you can understand how much you hurt me." — Mohsen El-guindy

29. "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."  –Queen Victoria

30. "It hurts to leave a light on for nobody." — Graham Foust

Did you enjoy these sad love quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bonnie and Clyde Quotes for Ride or Die Couple

Quotes by Famous People About Life, Love and Success

Recovery and Addiction Quotes to Help You Heal